Our 1 Day PAT Training Course is delivered on-line by one of our highly qualified and experienced training instructors with many years of experience and expertise in their field. Using our remote training platform, the training course allows you to receive the same training experience but from the comfort of your own home or office. The course takes 1 day to complete and you will have the opportunity to interact and ask the trainer questions.
This course has been approved by Engineers Ireland and will give you a very good overview of what PAT testing is, the legal requirements relating to PAT testing, various tests involved and the appropriate equipment to use. The cost of this course is very competitively priced at €295 per person or we can arrange a group rates for companies.
For further information or to arrange your 1 Day PAT Training Course, email us or call us on 057 866 2162.
Scheduled PAT Training Dates
On completion of this 1 Day PAT Training Course you will have a very good understanding of:
- The legal requirements for Portable Appliance Testing to comply with all current Health & Safety legislation.
- The electrical risks involved and what is involved in carrying out the practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- The administrative responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment.
Our PAT Training Course syllabus is comprehensive and includes the following topics:
- What is PAT Testing?
- Code of Practice
- Why Test?
- Legislation – an overview of Statutory Instrument 299 of 2007 and its requirements of employers and organisations Competency
- Who can carry out PAT Testing?
- What is a competent person?
- Duty of Care
- Initial Safety Checks
- Equipment Classification
- Good Housekeeping & Visual Inspections
- Earth Bond Test
- Insulation Test
- Functional Test
- Polarity Test (leads)
Assessment & Certification:
On passing a theory & practical exam you will be issued with PAT Training Certification. Our PAT Training Courses have been assessed by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI), and deemed to comply with the provisions of the standard Quality Management System I.S. EN ISO 9001:2015. In addition to this we are a Registered Training Provider as awarded by Engineers Ireland for 2020.
Who Should Attend:
Any personnel required to undertake a practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. This includes electricians, engineers, Health & Safety officers and those responsible for safety in their workplace or safety for their clients. There are specific legal requirements for employers to test all the portable electrical equipment in the workplace.
Our trainers have over 10 years’ experience in the PAT Testing industry and are recognised as experts in Ireland in this field. Qualifications
- FETAC Level 6 – Train the Trainer
- City & Guilds Level 3 – Inspection &Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Irish Institute of Training and Development
WEEE Ireland Certification Number POW400
CRO Registered Number 255724
For further information or to arrange your 1 Day PAT Training Course
email us at [email protected] or call us on 057 866 2162.
We would be delighted to help with any queries you might have.