Our ½ Day On-line PAT
Training Refresher Training Course is a recertification course only
available to those who have previously competed the
1 Day PAT
Training Course. On successful completion of this refresher course you
will be awarded a certification of completion, valid for a further 3 years. Certification is only
granted after the participant has once again shown sufficient knowledge and
understanding of PAT Testing.
Our Course is delivered on-line by one of our highly qualified and experienced training instructors with many years of experience and expertise in their field. Using our remote training platform, the training course allows you to receive the same training experience but from the comfort of your office or home. The course typically takes a half day and you will have the opportunity to interact and ask the trainer questions.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is being carried out by a growing number of companies in Ireland in order to comply with Irish Health & Safety legislation and companies adopting best practice.
The cost of this course is very competitively priced at €195 per person or we can arrange a group rate for companies.
For further information or to arrange your Half Day PAT Training Refresher Course, email us or call us on 057 866 2162.
Scope of the Training:
- New 2020 5th Edition Code of Practice for PAT testing
- Legislation – an overview of Statutory Instrument 299 of 2007
- Definition of Competency in relation to PAT testing
- Responsibility of the duty holder
- Record Keeping
- New equipment guidelines
- Re-enforcing the risk based message
- Clarifying the guidance for fixed equipment
- New equipment classification
- Further guidance on counterfeit products
- New Flowchart to aid with testing requirements.
- Q&A session
Assessment & Certification:
Upon successful completion of the theory test paper you will be electronically issued with your training certificate. We are accredited by NSAI to ISO Standard 9001:2015 and are a Registered Training Provider with Engineers Ireland.
On completion of this PAT half day Refresher Training Course you will be able to:
- Identify the key changes in the new 5th edition code of practice for PAT testing
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a risk assessment with regards to Portable Equipment
- Understand new equipment classification identification markings
- Apply the correct test measurements using your own PAT tester
- Create reports
- Record keeping
Who Should Attend:
This course has been developed for past attendees to our 1 day certified PAT training who need to renew their training certificates & demonstrate continued compliance in keeping with the new changes to the Code of Practice. The refresher course is also aimed at Health & Safety personnel & duty holders that may not be directly involved with the testing however need to be fully aware of the regulations, competency requirements & new 5th edition code of practice guidelines.
- A compatible computer or mobile device
- An internet connection of 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
- A microphone and speakers so that you can interact with our trainer
We will provide you with a link to install the software required prior to the training session.
Our trainers have over 15 years’ experience in the PAT Testing industry. Qualifications include:
- FETAC Level 6 – Train the Trainer
- City & Guilds Level 3 – Inspection &Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Irish Institute of Training and Development
- Learning & Development Practice (UCC)
For further information or to arrange your Half Day PAT Training Refresher Course,
email us or call us on 057 866 2162. We would be delighted to help with any queries you might have.